Sunday, March 22, 2009

Sabino 1

cardinal cu 1-29-2009 9-28-17 AM 341x227 A couple of weeks ago some friends and I visited Sabino. We took the tram up to the top and walked down. These are some of the birds we saw: Canyon Wren, Verdin, Hutton’s Vireo, and Cardinal. A lovely male cardinal posed at the side of the road, near the top. I’m showing him here because they never come to my garden anymore, for some sad reason. Though I do get plenty of pyrrhuloxias:

Mr. Pyrrhuloxia 11-8-2007 9-27-52

These birds are very closely related, as you can see. I can’t always tell the young apart until their color starts to come in.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous9:23 AM

    If a cardinal bows to you, does that make you the Pope?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous5:18 PM

    The color is really rich. Isn't the other one a female? I did see a bird last weekend. A robin, a harbinger. And now it's raining, so it must be Spring.

    ReplyDelete