Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Who knew?
    The other morning we went on a bird walk at Agua Caliente Park, a county park out east near Mt. Lemmon. I had heard of it, but never seen it. And I was dazzled. The park is on the grounds of an old cattle ranch. There are several huge ponds, fed by a perennial hot spring.
    According to signage, there were once two springs, one very hot, one cold. In an effort to increase the flow, the springs were dynamited, creating one warm spring. These pictures show the panorama as well as the spring itself (with a downed palm tree across it).
    As I hope these pictures indicate, the place is breathtakingly beautiful. More photos to come.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous8:59 AM

    How stunning!! I have heard of this too, I believe it was a skinny dipping locale in our yoot. Ahhhh, yoot. Never went there though. Glad to see you blogging again, maybe I'll get back in the habit of checking on you too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks Beautiful! I have never heard of this spot. I want to go there when I'm in Tucson in September.
    I seem to have missed our yoot. When was that?

    ReplyDelete