Thursday, June 28, 2012

Kingsnake heaven

Look who I found on my back porch when I was watering this morning!

Juvenile kingsnake June 2012 6-28-2012 6-09-11 AM 2286x763

                                                        Juvenile Common Kingsnake

This little beauty is about eighteen inches long and has strikingly beautiful markings. He does not, however, like to be watered.

I feel so fortunate—I have Leo, the big kingsnake, in my guest room, and now this little guy hanging out in the backyard, at least for a while. Here’s a video of him trying to escape the photographer. He also sidewinded a little, but I didn’t get it on pixels.

           
Juvenile kingsnake on back porch, June 28, 2012
Technorati Tags:

7 comments:

  1. You have a king snake living in your house? How cool is that! Must keep the mouse population down.

    ReplyDelete
  2. In my guest room... see the previous post!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WWhat a cutie! And he looks longer than 18".

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous10:24 AM

    A snake charmer. Love the video. SKF

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like that... "snake charmer." He was. And no doubt still is.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Replies
    1. Yes, he was gorgeous. I saw an adult with the same markings the other day, zipping across my bird garden. Maybe it was a parent.

      Delete